40+ Dating: Middle-Aged Love
“Love has no age, no limit and no death,” once said famous playwright and novelist John Galsworthy. Actually, he was perfectly right: love is a free bird, unpredictable and illogical that can fly into your house when it is least of all expected. However, we are not going to speak about fiction here: in real life, there are a lot of examples of men and women who find soulmates being in their 40s. What are the advantages/characteristics of over 40 datings and what should you know before dating a 40-years old person? Read on and you’ll have all the information needed.
Online dating over 40 in the UK: searching for the long term relationships
Over 40s dating is very different from dating in 20s or 30s. People in their twenties are looking for new experiences, free relationships; generally, they do not set up long term couple goals and prefer spontaneity and freedom to rationality. When it comes to singles over 40, they search for the long term, serious relationships. Single men over 40, for example, better understand who they are and what they want from their partners. Let’s take a look on the main characteristics of over 40s dating:
- it’s less stressful. When people of a young age are dating, they think about how to make a good impression on their partner’s family, relatives, friends. The meeting with parents is also a very challenging moment. In case of over 40 dating, those things do not seem that stressful;
- partners do not have too high expectations of one another. When you are over 40, you are more tolerant towards the others, you do not expect that everything would go smoothly, you are no longer idealist, you can see both your vices and virtues and accept the ones of your partner;
- money is no object. Generally, people over 40 are in a certain financial comfort zone. They no longer need to sacrifice free time, work really hard to build a career, take credits to cover basic needs, repay student loans etc. Therefore, they have much more time to pass with their partners/children, they are self-sufficient and they enjoy financial stability that is crucial for healthy relationships;
- mutual respect. Young people are often egocentric, in the relationship they might be more takers than givers. People in their 40s are more respectful (of course, some exceptions are possible) and in a relationship, they are rather givers;
- digital revolution. Today, there is a large number of dating sites for over 40s, both local and international. People can just look through the profiles, start messaging with the most interesting users and subsequently set up a real date. Dating sites for singles in their 40s offer unlimited opportunities and more and more men/women subscribe to them.
What are the advantages of 40+ dating
Over 40s dating has numerous advantages. Let’s discover some of them and comment briefly.
- partners know what they want. For people in their 40s love is no more that romantic and in some way crazy feeling as it used to be in their twenties or even thirties. In this age, people are more reasonable, they do not rush and do not do some stupid things. Dating in 40+ is not learning from mistakes and moving forward but enjoying each other and taking pleasure from every moment because pleasure is everything we are looking for in our lives;
- meeting new people. It is not a secret that in adult life meeting new people is more difficult. In general, people in their 40s have already built their circle of friends and colleagues. Therefore, they are not so open-minded as they used to be at a young age when meeting new people was easy, interesting and actually, it was a crucial necessity. 40+ dating would force you to leave your comfort zone and communicate with people that might be very different from you. New acquaintances equals new experiences, new impressions, new adventures;
- learning from mistakes. People in their 40s must have had some experience in dating, some of them have been even married once or a few times. Some people would say that being single at the age of 40+ is a big failure. The right approach is totally different: the age, in this case, is the biggest asset. You should not try to forget both the good and the bad things that happened to you in the past. You must use your experience in order to avoid similar mistakes in the future. The economics teach us that every failure is actually an opportunity - you can apply this statement to your personal life and be sure that sooner or later you will get what you are looking for;
- technologies are at your service. There are a lot of over forties dating sites that help middle-aged people to find love. More details in the next paragraph.
40 plus singles: where to meet them
Of course, the most natural way is to meet 40+ singles in real life: at work, on the street, in parks, in sport clubs and so on. Yet, there are a few serious problems:
- it is not always easy to distinguish married women/in couple and singles;
- the majority of people prefer not to talk with strangers on the street/in parks etc.;
- it is impossible to know whether the person wants to get an acquaintance or she/he is not interested.
The second option is to visit the best dating sites for over 40s. These online platforms serve as an intermediary between mail order bride 40+. The users can look through profiles, filter them based on location, interests etc., write messages and make video calls. The privacy and security of internet users are guaranteed. The main advantage of dating sites for singles in their 40s is that they provide access to a targeted audience from over the world. It has never been so easy to reach 40+ singles!
Ready to go on the first date? Here are some tips for over 40 dating
- Leave the past behind and open up your mind for everything new. It’s useless to talk about your mistakes, complains, relate your sufferings or just talk about bad/good things that happened to you in your previous relationships. Leave the past in the past and try to start everything from scratch - the person is not here with you to listen to your “life story”;
- be a good listener. Ask questions, make your date speak (education background, work, hobbies, travels, favourite football team/movies/series etc.), listen carefully, smile;
- be relaxed. It might seem obvious but nevertheless, it is very important. The first date is always a little bit nervous regardless the age but do not show to your date that you feel stressed or uncomfortable. It would be nice to tell one or two good jokes. Be a master of the situation and control your emotions;
- forget about your age, it is not important at all. One thing you should realize - your age is just perfect to find true love;
- be positive. You might be disappointed because of your dating experience, you might even lose hope to find a really good person but still, you should think positive, negative emotions are destructive;
- use only recent pictures for your profile on the over 40 dating websites. Do not post photos where you are much younger - actually, this is not about age, your partner would think that you are not self-confident or try to make people believe you are someone else;
- be patient. You still have plenty of time to find your second half. The end of the world is not tomorrow so do not rush, be patient and take pleasure from every single moment of your relationship.
Over 40s in the UK: additional information to take into account
First of all, being single at 40+ is not a problem - it’s up to you to decide when is the perfect moment for you to have a serious relationship and marry someone. In your age, the most important thing is to find the right person, someone who shares your opinions, values, someone who’s on the same wavelength. You still have a lot of time to find a soulmate, but it does not mean that you can afford to be in a couple with a person who takes advantage of you or simply is very different from what you are looking for.
It is actually quite easy to start dating when you are over 40. We would advise you to start from online over 40 dating sites for the UK audience. Such web pages as Elite Singles, eHarmony, Match, Love Again (there are plenty of them - just Google it) will help you to find beautiful singles who have the same areas of interest, education background etc. 40 plus dating sites are totally secure and value your privacy - make the first step and you will be amply rewarded.
To conclude with, over 40 dating in the UK is a common practice. Numerous online dating sites help 40+ singles meet each other both online and offline. As it turns out, age is a great advantage with all perks that come with it. If you are 40+ and single - do not lose your chance of finding true love!